Open Enrollment FAQs
What do the My Pet Protection® plans cover?
Nose-to-tail coverage for accidents, injuries and illnessess -- even hereditary and new chronic and recurring conditions.
What is not covered?
Coverage varies by plan, but the insurance does not cover pet food, grooming and pre-existing conditions.
What Are My Plan Options?
There are plans to fit every budget:
Pet Wellness (Everyday care)
- No deductible
- Maximum annual benefit $500
- Two physical exams per policy term
- Behavioral exam and/or treatment
- Vaccination or titer
- Heartworm or FeLV/FIV test
- Fecal test, deworming
- Nail trim
- Flea control or heartworm prevention
- One additional test per policy term – choose from health screen (blood test), X-rays or electrocardiogram
Major Medical (Comprehensive)
- A low $250 deductible
- Covers accidents including poisonings; cuts and broken bones; common illnesses such as ear infections, rashes, vomiting and diarrhea; serious/chronic illnesses including cancer, diabetes and allergies; and hereditary conditions.
- Also covers procedures and services including surgeries, Rx medications, testing and hospitalization.
Whole Pet with Wellness (Comprehensive AND Everyday care)
- This is a bundled plan that covers all of the above.
- A low $250 deductible
Do I need to re-enroll for this benefit every year?
No. Once enrolled, the policy will renew automatically each year.
How can I make changes to my policy?
If you wish to make changes may do so during your policy renewal period by calling 888-341-0789. All changes are subject to underwriting approval.
When is the policy renewal period?
The renewal period starts 60 days before the policy’s current 12-month term expires. The policy’s effective date and expiration date can be found on the Declarations Page, which is included with the policy packet that is mailed to you at each new term.
Can I still sign up for a new Major Medical or Pet Wellness policy?
These plans are available only by calling 877-738-7874.
Do North County Credit Union’s members get a discount?
Preferred pricing and multiple-pet discounts are available.
What happens to my pet insurance policy if I am no longer a Credit Union member?
If you pay your policy premiums via direct bill, no action is required and the policy will automatically remain active. However, the premium may change at policy renewal, as group preferred pricing may no longer apply.
How do I enroll or get more information on pet insurance?
There are three simple ways to sign up for new pet insurance or get more information:
- Go directly to https://www.petinsurance.com/northcountycu
- Visit PetsNationwide.com and enter “North County Credit Union”
- Call 877-738-7874 and mention that you’re a member of North County Credit Union or NCCU to receive preferred pricing
*Some exclusions may apply. Certain coverages may be subject to pre-existing exclusion. See policy documents for a complete list of exclusions.
Insurance terms, definitions and explanations are intended for informational purposes only and do not in any way replace or modify the definitions and information contained in individual insurance contracts, policies or declaration pages, which are controlling. Such terms and availability may vary by state and exclusions may apply. Underwritten by Veterinary Pet Insurance Company (CA), Columbus, OH, an A.M. Best A+ rated company (2017); National Casualty Company (all other states), Columbus, OH, an A.M. Best A+ rated company (2017). Agency of Record: DVM Insurance Agency. Nationwide, the Nationwide N and Eagle, and Nationwide is on your side are service marks of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company. ©2018 Nationwide. 18GRP5547d